Monday, March 1, 2010

THE LYING PAGES, part 1

  • Perhaps I am focusing too much on the negative....but lying seems to epidemic, so, I'm curious.....



  • C. telling me today that he will call me later when I know that he won't.
  • I lied to K. about being in a relationship with a woman. I let him think that she was a he and even referred to her as 'him' in our conversation.
  • I lied in class last nite about my 2D assignment. I said that I forgot it (which I did) but I did not mention that I had also not done any further work on it.
  • K. just lied to me about not having any phone reception. In truth, he hung up on me.
Lying is all about appearances.
Lying is about trying to control what other people think about us.
Lying is about our own judgements that we have.

Is not saying anything lying? Lying by omission?
C. said that lying is part of human nature.

In an ideal world, we could be fully who we are and 'process' with each other all the things we lie about.

I envision that this would all help us grow in consciousness as a species and help us to love and accept ourselves and each other. But there is no guarantee that 1) we will be heard 2) encounter someone who is willing to go thru that process with us.

So, it is a big risk. More often than not it is painful and disappointing when we are honest (even with ourselves). Why go thru that when the odds aren't even 50/50????


2 comments:

  1. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the whole idea of your lying journal. You have me thinking about lying, and when I dont fully explain something, purposely. Its the image that I try to potray to certain people...why do I care so much? Theres just so much to think about when it comes to lying and why we lie and who we lie to about what. WHAT A GREAT IDEA! :)

    ReplyDelete